Bloggers Wanted! The College Kidd is always looking for new writers. Interested? dacollegekidd@gmail.com

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The quiz taking must end NOW

I’ll be the first person to tell you that Facebook is an excellent way to waste time. In fact, whenever I have a test to study for, a paper to write or basically any other productive task to take care of, you’ll probably find me perusing the addictive website. It truly is the finest procrastination tool around.


Here is the problem: some people have a little too much time on their hands, and some people abuse Facebook’s time-wasting qualities. I’m looking at you, obsessive quiz takers. Thanks to my handy dandy news feed, I know way too much about Bob Whats-his-face (who went to my high school and never actually talked to me, but still felt the need to request me as a friend anyways).


Because good ol’ Bob took the time to take every Facebook quiz ever created, I now know that he will get married when he’s 25, have 2.5 kids and will die at age 55 due to a tragic hot dog incident. Oh, I also know that if her were a Beatle, he’d be Ringo. Bummer on the quiz results, dude. Everyone knows that Ringo was the least cool member.


Then there are the people who decide to take unnecessary quizzes like “what is your favorite alcoholic drink?” or “what is your favorite color?” Don’t you already know the answers to these questions? If you need to take a quiz to determine what your opinion on a beverage is, you shouldn’t be allowed to operate a computer… and don’t even get me started on the people who took the “what is your eye color” quiz. Seriously, buy a mirror, figure it out for yourself, and save some space on my news feed for more relevant updates so I can stalk people properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment