Bloggers Wanted! The College Kidd is always looking for new writers. Interested? dacollegekidd@gmail.com

Sunday, September 20, 2009

ladies, please note proper football attire

Dear female football fans,

I have a bone to pick with you. I’m a girl, so I understand your desire to look good, no matter what the occasion is. I don't have a problem with that. However, some of you have taken this a bit too far.

I’m talking about those of you who take large t-shirts (with your school’s logo etc.), make them into tube tops/halter tops/dresses and wear them to football games. These do-it-yourself outfits are often accompanied by leggings, ugg boots and/or headbands of the “hippie” variety.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I’m fairly sure that these wardrobe choices are founded in every girl’s need to look adorable at all times. Here’s the problem: You don’t look adorable. You look stupid, very stupid, and depending on the outfit, you might also look like a ho.

It’s a football game. Fashion is irrelevant when big, sweaty athletes are smashing into each other for our entertainment. Put down the scissors and wear a regular t-shirt like everyone else. If you are feeling festive, you can paint your face or wave a pom-pom. I don’t want to see your “pom-poms."

P.S. Ugg boots? Really? It was 80 degrees at Saturday’s game. That sounds sweaty and uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment