Bloggers Wanted! The College Kidd is always looking for new writers. Interested? dacollegekidd@gmail.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Today's word I had to look up to believe it was real

So...like most of us...I think I know everything. So sometimes when professors shout out words that I have never heard of. I google them on my phone in hopes of it not being an actual word. I probably would never correct the professor because that's what annoying kids do, but just knowing they were wrong, would give me a warm feeling inside, stripping them of their credibility; in my mind. However, this word like all the others; turns out to be an actual word. I'll get em next time...

Thematically

the·mat·ic (th-mtk)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or being a theme: a scene of thematic importance.
2. Linguistics Of, constituting, or relating to the theme of a word: a thematic vowel.

Definition courtesy of thefreedictionary.com (because dictionary.com is for uncreative Losers)

No comments:

Post a Comment