Bloggers Wanted! The College Kidd is always looking for new writers. Interested? dacollegekidd@gmail.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

Organic Pet

Every morning I wake up at 6:30 am to go to work at the coffee shop (you thought I would tell you which one? Ha, no creeper). At 9 am, I have Organic Chemistry. At 9 am I am also either still really tired or extremely edgy from however much caffeine I had at work. The last thing I want is to hear some dude behind me laugh at every one of the teachers attempts to be funny. Even worse, someone gasping (imagine having 40 oz of coffee and someone gasps behind you...you jump out of your effing seat) every time they realize the correct nomenclature. Just painful. Today was one of those days. This guy first shocked me with a loud chortle as the professor mentioned how silly this alkene was or something...I don't really remember the joke which is probably best. I looked back to see he was not only laughing, but rocking back and forth. This behavior wasn't ironic, and I am pretty sure he was sober, which made it worse. Instead of quietly listening and struggling to understand, this boy woke up and decided to be teacher's pet (or at very least human laugh track).
Word to the wise, in a giant lecture class no one is teacher's pet. In fact, that person who raises his or her hand, even when there wasn't a question, or chuckles at every joke is generally hated. At very best loathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment